Today is one of the best day in my whole life!!!
Went to do ushering at the teacher's conference at suntec convention centre.
Woke up at 5.45am,
Anfd my darling came to pick me up at 6.10am.
My 1st response was to rush over and hug him.
^^
Then we walked to hougang mrt.
And he insisted i go buy breakfast,
So we got me a honey chicken pao.
Met nicky at the mrt station,
And we took the mrt together to dhoby ghaut,
Then esplanade.
Met a group of ushers on the circle line.
Darling sent me to suntec then took mrt back to school for lesson,
And me and nicky went to room 314 where we had bread and left our bags in the room.
Went to the ballroom for our first duty of the day.
I was door usher for ballroom door 3,
And it wasn't very eventful.
Just told people we could not open the door yet cos we were not ready,
Then later open the door and smile at people as they go in.
Our first tea break of the day:
The blackforest cake is so yummy!
I had 2 pieces...
Super nice!
And the siew mai, har kao, and crystal bao were also yummy.
:p
But I had stomachache and went to shit.
Lol.
Then we went to room 210 for preparation of the distribution of collateral.
Though it was a simple activity of putting the things on the chairs,
But I found it quite fun.
:)
Around 11am,
7 of us went outside the ballrooom to usher them back in.
They had this really cool xylophone thing that this guy was walking around with and hitting,
Informing people to go back into the ballroom.
Then the 8 of us went into the ballroom and waited for our duty of holding mikes for the participants to use later.
The participants had a kinda dialogue session with the speaker Dr. Linda,
And this is where the best thing happened.
I was holding on to one of the mikes,
And this interpreter for a hearing-impaired woman signalled to me.
I think this woman is some important person,
But I won't know since I'm not a teacher.
The problem was that the chairperson said there was only time for one last question,
And she already spotted someone else on the other side of the room.
I think she really wanted to ask her question very badly,
And the people sitting in front of her probably knew her,
Because they called me over and told me to ask the chairperson to let the woman ask her question.
I went to the front of the stage and sqauatted right there in front of the stage,
Trying to get the chairperson's attention.
And she told me there was no more time.
When I went back to those ladies,
They passed me a post it and told me to pass it to the chairperson,
I ddin't read what was written there.
Once again,
I squatted in front of the stage and tried to get the chairperson's attention.
She got me to pass her the post it,
So I went onto the stage to pass it to her.
When I went back to them,
They were thanking me.
Then the guy sitting next to the hearing-impaired woman said thanks to me and gave me a thumbs-up.
After which, he tore off a piece from his foolscap and wrote this:
You did a great job!" with a smiley face and gave it to me.
I AM SO HAPPY!!!
:D
I was so glad the woman got to ask her question.
And believe it or not,
Though she can't hear,
She spoke on her own to 2000plus people,
With her interpreters signalling to her whether she could be heard.
I was so touched.
I could not stop smiling.
Lol.
Btw, both the guy and the woman are caucasians.
Lol, random.
We had lunch after this.
And I met my sec2 PW teacher,
Miss Rosaline Chan in the secretariat room.
I talked to her.
Lol.
So coincidental sia.
Between duck and fish,
I chose the packet with fish for lunch.
The fish was sweet and sour, quite nice.
The 7 of us had a long break till 2.45pm,
So 4 of us girls (Mika, Vasu, Jun Ying and Me)
Went to the 2nd floor foyer outside the ballroom and had a fun time doing crafts.
Cos there were many booths set up there,
So we decided to try things out on our own.
So I did two heart-shaped clips,
And took 3 erasers with cute faces.
At around 2.30pm was another tea break.
There was chicken karage, forest mushroom and some breads.
Yummy!
At 2.45pm,
We reported for briefing.
I was at room 204 for the registration of the concurrent sessions.
Room 204 provided something about history done by greendale sec students and teachers,
Who were all very friendly and nice.
At 4,
We went back to room 210 for debrief,
And room 314 to collect our belongings.
Though a tiring day,
But very satisfying and happy.
James darling came and fetch me,
Then we went shop shop and home.
End of a eventful day.
Today is a 4 stars day!!!
:))))
Monday, September 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment