Saturday, December 26

Vexed

Work this week has been horrible.
Staying overtime for one plus hour without any overtime pay,
Packing horribly heavy packs of books,
Dealing with some rude and scary customers...
Argh.
The day of sec 1 orientation,
I almost died.
That stupid girl who's one year younger than me,
And came only on that day supposedly to help,
Was a bloody slacker.
Not only was she slow...
She was applying nail polish while I was carrying heavy books from the classroom to the bookshop!!!
WTH!!!
I had the urge to go and scold her at that time.
And she got to go off on time while I slogged my guts out.
TSK TSK TSK!!!

Today was the worst.
Auntie Angie and I were outside serving the customers,
While Dong Dong (my partner) was in the bookshop packing the books.
The bookshop is so scaringly small that it has hardly space for anything.
It's hard to manoeuvre in there without getting blue-blacks all over.
Haiz...
Then this irritating customer came.

Firstly, he and his daughter came without the booklist.
So I had to be troubled to find him a new booklist amongst the mess in the bookshop.
Then, I let them tick the books they need while I attended to another customer.
The saturday crowd is always horrible,
So I had to hasten my speed and multitask.
In order to serve as many customers as possible,
I let the father and daughter choose the books they want,
While I got another lady behind them to pass me her booklist for my partner to pack,
And continued to serve my present customer.
While I was calculating the prices,
This father suddenly said something along the lines of:
"Ask the lady behind me don't stand there. Later people think she cut queue."
I was already very flustered at that time, so I just said "huh?"
Then he said "never mind".

Because of the blackout in the bookshop,
It was very hard to find the books,
So my partner couldn't be fast in packing the books.
As the sec 1 books were already packed cos of the sec 1 orientation,
I attended to a customer buying sec 1 books first,
While my partner continued to pack the books.

Suddenly, the crazy man shouted at me,
"I don't like your service.
I wait for so long already, but my book's still not ready".
When in fact, he only passed me his booklist 1 minute ago.
I wanted to shout back at him, and get him to understand the situation,
But I swallowed my anger, and tried to put up with him.
I continued to serve the customer buying sec 1 books,
But he continued shouting.
So after I finished serving my sec 1 customer,
I could not take it anymore.
When I can't flare up,
My seemingly controlled emotions will cause my tear glands to be activated.
So I ran into the bookshop and started crying.
My very shocked partner told me not to cry,
And he went out to serve the customers while I stayed in the bookshop.
He was very rude to that evil customer, not that I cared.
I cried for more than half an hour,
Couldn't control my active tear glands.

I cannot stand being unreasonably scolded.
Back at home, I'm already screamed at for no reasons.
It's like a phobia, phobia of being shouted at.
What's wrong with people?
Is it so hard to be more understanding???

If not for some of the things keeping me alive,
I'll be dead now.
Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment