This is from the viewpoint of a teenager...
The following are things parents should take note of.
Don't act like you know it all.
Yes, your child grew up under your care.
But that doesn't mean they don't change.
Renew your understanding of your child,
And not blindly believe that
You always understand your child the best.
Don't compare your child with others.
This is a big NO-NO!
If you think this is a way to 'motivate' your child
To be as guai as these people,
Well, it just won't work.
Your child will just hate you more.
Don't gossip about your own children.
Especially for mothers...
Don't talk good or bad about your own children.
Just like you won't want others to talk bad behind you.
Don't do it.
Don't push all blame and responsibility to your children.
Don't find fault over small matters.
Just admit it if you are at fault.
Humans do make mistakes.
You are on the demon's path
If you think you are always right
And your kids are always wrong.
If you want your face, so does your child!
Don't blame them for everything.
It will just demonstrate your lack of judgment,
And make your kids disappointed in you.
Set a good role model for your children.
Nurture them with the right values from young.
Caning is no longer the way to discipline children.
Neither is scolding.
Don't shout or scream at your family!
That is the olden times already.
Times have changed.
Scolding will just result in more severe rebellion.
Best is to talk nicely to your chis,
And spend more time with them.
Show your love and care boldly.
Don't be shy!
Encourage your children.
Don't throw them sarcastic remarks,
Especially when their mood is down in the dumps.
My parents never fail to tell me
"Told you you won't win.
Waste of time.
That school so good, you all so lousy"
When I came back home from a debate competition I just lost.
Comforting words? No.
As if I didn't already feel like crying.
I'm always glad when I win
So that they will shut up and stop talking.
Ya, that's it,
They won't even say anything
Neither the good nor bad
When I win.
And they just keep on yabbering when I lost.
Arg!
That's not all...
No time to finish typing everything today.
Just because she wakes up early in the morning
To cook for us,
It doesn't make my mum an angel.
I mean, she later sleeps from 8am-12pm,
Watch tv and nap again in the afternoon,
Sleep at 7plus at night.
So is she having a tough life
Compared to mine?
No.
And she expects me to wake up early in the morning
To do housework
When I'm not even getting enough sleep.
She keeps saying my friends or her friends' children
Will iron their own clothes blah blah blah...
Oh please,
Out of 10, 9 of her friends' children
Make their mum do everything.
So applies for my friends.
She can't appreciate the fact that I'm actually doing 3/4 of the housework,
While my 12-years-old sis just act innocent,
And her friends are having a tough life
Slogging like bulls.
In short, she's over pampered
By my useless dad,
Who can't instill a single bit of discipline into his wife.
I was trying my best not to laugh out loud
When she was throwing temper today.
Seriously, reminds me of childish kids.
Rofl.
5 more years, and I'll be gone.
To a place where I belong.
Sunday, May 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment